What Do Compensation Lawyers In Parramatta Do?
As a worker, nothing is guaranteed when it comes to safety. Although your employer may have its own guidelines in place to ensure you and your co-workers are able to do your jobs without any hassles, there may come a time wherein you may suddenly suffer an injury in a workplace accident or as a result of doing repetitive work. You may also likely suffer an illness because of a workplace condition. Whatever the case is, it is imperative for you take into consideration filing a claim for compensation from your employer.
Known as workers’ compensation, it is a system that is enforced among employers in an effort to provide injured individuals benefits. These may include lost wages recovery, treatment for the injuries suffered or illnesses incurred, and additional compensation in the event a worker becomes permanently disabled. Other benefits may include those that provide injured individuals an opportunity to return to work, as well as retraining. In the event of a worker’s death, the benefits are forwarded to the surviving family members of the deceased. With such a system in place, it is the employers’ responsibility to carry insurance for workers’ compensation.
The idea behind workers’ compensation is simple. Say you are injured after slipping and falling while carrying a heavy box. Instead of suing your employer, you file a claim for compensation. Since it is a legal matter, it is important that workers like you must take into account the need to retain the services of a compensation lawyer. These are professionals whose main responsibility is to protect the rights of injured workers.
Basically, the reason for hiring these legal counsels is to facilitate the process of approving the need of injured workers to obtain benefits from the workers’ compensation program of employers. Indeed, when you suffered a work-related injury or illness, you need to hire one of the lawyers in your area to make sure that your claim won’t get denied. More importantly, you need to hire one to ensure that what you would be receiving maximum benefits that you deserve.
Of course, retaining the legal services of compensation lawyers must be done immediately, especially if you are experiencing any of the following situations or circumstances:
- You suffered a workplace injury or illness that is so severe that you may be required to undergo surgery.
- You suffered a workplace injury or illness that may be unable to return to the condition you once had before the injury or illness took place. This entitles you to benefits under permanent partial disability.
- You think that you can no longer perform your job or any other job on a regular basis because of what you suffered.
- You think you can no longer perform your job yet you can still perform other jobs in some capacity.
- You have an issue with the decision of your employer regarding your benefits and the claim that you have.
- You may be required to be guided accordingly by an expert in such matters, especially if you are not well-versed in the whole process of claiming workers’ compensation.
- You have been denied benefits under workers’ compensation.
A compensation lawyer mostly works for a contingency fee, which means that they get to receive a percentage of the amount of the benefits that injured workers receive when their claims are successful. Thus, it is your best bet to retain one that works in such a setup. Moreover, in looking for a reputable lawyer, it is imperative that you check their credentials before you decide to hire the best one you believe will preserve your rights. When you interview them, make sure to ask them about their experience in handling claims; that way, you may learn what to expect of them when it comes to their work and help you make the sound decision to hire the most suitable legal advocate for your situation.