UCEED Entrance Exam
UCEED Entrance Exam is being conducted to offer admission in the B. Des programme offered at the Industrial Design Centre (IDC), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay. The first UCEED was conducted in the year 2015. The candidates who successfully qualified the exam got admission in to the B. Des programmes at IIT Bombay and IIITDM Jabalpur for the academic session 2015-16. Year 2016 is the second year of the examination. It is expected that from the academic session 2016-17 few more institutes will admit students to their B. Des programmes via UCEED Entrance Exam.
The Entrance Exam will be conducted on January 17, 2016 by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay under the guidance of the UCEED Admissions Committee 2016. All the candidates who are desirous of seeking admission to the Bachelor Degree programme in Design (B. Des.) at IIT Bombay have had to appear in UCEED 2016. Candidates also have an option of pursuing the dual degree B. Des. + M. Des programme at the end of 3rd Year.
Number of Seats: The total number of seats sanctioned for both the programmes together is 30 seats.
|Seats||14 + 1 PwD||8||5||2||30|
Details of the B.Design Programme at IIT Bombay
|1st Year||Need Finding and Analysis||Focus on Discovery and Explorations|
|2nd Year||Creativity and Problem Solving||Focus on Concerns and Sensitivity|
|3rd Year||Collaborations and Systems||Focus on Skills and Media Options|
|4th Year||Seminar and Projects||Focus on Applications and Implementation|
|5th Year||Further Projects and Specialisation||Focus on Mastery and Refinement|
- Nationality: All nationals irrespective of the fact whether you are an Indian or Foreigner are eligible to apply. However the foreign nationals are required to fulfill rules and regulations as laid down by IIT Bombay for the admission of the Foreign Nationals.
- Age Criteria: Desirous candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1996 in case of General Category whereas in case of SC, ST or PwD category the candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1991.
- Academic Qualification: Candidate who have passed their Class 12 Board Examinations in the year 2015 or will appear in the year 2016 are eligible. Students irrespective of the field to which they belong commerce, arts, science can apply for this course. However if the candidate has appeared in the year 2014 or earlier in Class 12 or equivalent examination then they cannot appear in UCEED Exam.
- If appearing in the Final Examination in the year 2016 make sure that all parts of the final examination are completed by the date of registration in IIT Bombay.
- proof of having passed the qualifying certificate with required eligibility, as specified by IIT Bombay, is submitted by September 30, 2016
- Number of attempts: Candidate can take UCEED Entrance Exam a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. But the score remains valid only for one year and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
For complete information on UCEED 2015 you can log on to www.motachashma.com