How To Hire A Criminal Lawyer As Simply As You Can
The modern world is everything but a safe place. This sad but indisputable fact has been proven by several other lists we have already published. There are many various statistics evaluating the safety in different parts of the world published every year and possibly the most alarming and disturbing one is the international homicide rate statistics made by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. The rates are based on the number of homicides per 100,000 inhabitants per year.
- Honduras has 90.4 and it is currently at the number one position
- At number two, Venezuela has a rate of 53.7
- Belize has the third highest homicide rate – 44.7
- El Salvador has 41.2, and
- Guatemala – 39.9
Luckily, none of the European, Asian and North American countries is among the top 25 countries with highest homicides per year, and that’s due to the high strictness of the law.
However, even the safest place in the world has a threat of violence and that’s why criminal law is inevitable for every nation and country.
If you happen to find yourself in a difficult situation of defending criminal charges, you need good lawyer to protect you. If you live in Ontario, you can hire Toronto criminal lawyer to defend you. If you need a recommendation, there’s no better lawyer than Jeff Hershberg anywhere in Toronto. If you’re living elsewhere, here are few important considerations before hiring the right criminal defense lawyer.
- You have to set the meeting with the concerned lawyer first. Be on time, because lawyers are quite strict about it.
- Ask as many questions as you can with reference to your case. The answers from your lawyer will help you understand how good or not so good his services would be for your case.
- Repeat the same practice with at least 3 to 4 lawyers, and shortlist the ones you think are more relevant.
It can be tricky if you have committed a crime and you didn’t know you have actually broken multiple laws. In this situation, the best lawyer will be the one who will deal with the most demanding crime. Your consultant will go into the detail and recommend you which criminal lawyer you can go to. Lawyers have separate fields of practice, such as:
- Traffic violence
- Violation of agreement or valid contract
- Robbery or theft
- Causing damage to the property or someone
If defender cannot afford a lawyer himself, or he chose not to hire a lawyer due to any other reason, the court is liable to offer public defender so that he may have a fair chance in trial.However, public defenders are not suitable in situations in which you have strong charges with solid evidences. You should go for specialized criminal lawyer Toronto, because:
- He pays due attention to your case
- He utilizes all resources to find evidences in your favor, or make evidences against you as weak as possible
He would ensure you receive best treatment, and look for possible immunities