How To Apply For IIT JAM 2018?
IIT Bombay has already released the IIT JAM application form 2018. The registrations had opened on 5 September, 2017. It will be open until the 10th of October, 2017. The online test will be conducted in two sessions on 11 February, 2018, and candidates who pass the test will have to fill and submit their admission forms between April 3 and 8, 2018 on the website. So, if you have not filled out the online application for JAM 2018, it is not too late.
Applying for JAM 2018
Before you register for JAM, it is important that you read the instructions and the eligibility criteria with care. If you don’t meet the eligibility norms, you will not be able to get an admission to the master’s or integrated master’s and PhD programs offered by IITs and IISc.
Registration for JAM 2018 has to be done online. No other form of registration is accepted. Here is how you can fill out the IIT JAM application form 2018.
- Go to the official JAM 2018 website
- Register as a new user
- Fill out your name, mobile number, email, and password to register
- After submitting the registration form, you will receive your user ID and password by email and text message
- Login onto the website using the username and password provided
- Fill out the necessary details – personal information, academic details, and any other information requested in the form
- Upload your recent passport size photograph, digital signature, and category certificate, if applicable
- Pay the application fee. The fee can be paid online or offline, based on the options mentioned
- Enter payment details
- Click Submit to complete the registration and application process
- Save a copy of the application form and take a print out for future reference
Application Fees for JAM 2018
The application fee varies based on gender and categories. For females, SC, ST, and PwD candidates, the fee is INR 750/- for one test paper and INR 1,050 for two test papers. On the other hand, for general and OBC categories, the fee is INR 1,500 for one test paper and INR 2,100 for both the test papers.
Making Corrections in the JAM Application Form
While it cannot be emphasized enough how important it is for you to check the application form entries before submitting the form, you will still have the opportunity to make minor corrections in your application form, if there are any mistakes.
IIT JAM will announce the date when corrections in the application form can be made. Candidates will have to send an email from the email ID used to register for the exam, along with the necessary documents to support the changes they want to make. The email’s subject line should read “Correction in Data”, followed by the enrolment number.
The corrections that you can make in the application form include:
- Name of candidate
- Date of birth
- Name of guardian or parent
Other than these, no other changes will be allowed in the JAM application form. Hence, it is important that you check and recheck the details that you have typed in the different columns before you submit the form. Remember, if there is a discrepancy between the form and the documents, you will be disqualified from the admission process.
There you have it on how to fill out IIT JAM application form. As the online registration is going on, you should hurry and apply for the examination before the last date. This way, you can rest easy, knowing that all the formalities for the exam will get over quickly and you will be able to download your JAM admit card with ease.